Monday 1 October 2012

Audience

An audience is a group of people experiencing an event.
(From audience)
Active - Preferred: an audience that is targeted.
Passive - Oppositional: Not the expected audience.

Preferred and Oppositional refer to How the experience is recieved as opposed to how it is sent.

Distribution: How the media is shown to an audience Streamed/Cinema Ticket/ DVD bought/TV broadcast Buy DVD
Rent DVD
Illegal Streaming
Legal Streaming
Download
Watch on TV/Freeview/Cable/Satellite
Pay to view
Cinema (Art-House, Multiplex)

I use Legal Streaming the most to watch the most Films, I do this at home, on my Xbox 360 console alone. I do this for about 10-12 hous a day. I do this Hedonistically.
I buy films on DVD Is the second most frequent way through which I watch Films. I usually watch these with family. I spend about 1-2 hours watching these a week. I do this traditionally.
TV is the third most frequent way in which I experience film. I do this both alone and with others. I do this about 3-4 hours every month. I do this traditionally.

Exhibition: How the media is watched from industry to audience.

Traditionalists

Pete Buckingham, head of distribution and exhibition, UK Film Council ABC1 repesent the highest cinema goers. Up to 66% of cinema goers are relatively wealthy. There are several reasons as to why people can go to the cinema:
Cost
Family
Time

Streaming/Rental - Modern technology allows cheap, easy, immediate access.
Audience capability: Digital Processes

1 comment: